Sunday, November 8, 2015

Family Photos


Halloween has past. Thanksgiving is only 18 days way and Christmas is 28 days after that. The year is almost over. Right now fall is slowly transitioning into the winter season and this means family photos. My mom is obsessed with photography. So, every year she makes my family and I stand out in the freezing cold to get a family picture.

In the past years my mom has bought huge plastic blow up earths that all four of us kids have held up (we wore blue shirts, jeans, and white hats and gloves. It was in the middle of winter. There was snow on the ground and by the time everyone had gotten back inside we all looked like Rudolph with a red nose.), huge light up candy canes (at this time we had our dog Clover who wore a red scarf, the kids wore a grey shirt, jeans, and red hats, scarfs, and gloves. It was also the middle of winter. ) Another year we were in Texas so my family and I had to improvise and make a snowman out of sand. (I can't remember what we wore that year.)

A few times my grandparents have taken family photos with us also. My mom will usually hire a photographer because it is easier. We also had brought our dog out with us the few times that we have done this.

A few times we have gone to a studio called Kliks. If we had gone there we would get to bring our cat Ripley and our dog Clover with us. ( I always got to hold our cat Ripley because he was too scared to be held by anyone else.)

We have also gone to a park in Marion, Iowa. It is beautiful out there when the leaves are just starting to fall. We have used both my moms camera and a photographer when we have gone out there. There is a certain bridge in the park that I love to have my photo taken on.

Most of the time we use my moms camera. She is an amazing photographer even if she doesn't think so. She has bought a special long lens that she uses for the family photos. With the photos that she prints she puts in her scrapebooks. She has so many scrapebooks that I have lost count. She decorates the page and when it is finally done we start into the Thanksgiving/Christmas spirit.

This year my mom has decided that we are going to take the photos in our backyard of our house that we are building. It is basically a field with beautiful trees in the background. For our outfits we have gone with the colors white, brown, and black. I am wearing a brown turtleneck, a multicolored brown and black scarf, a cute brown button down high-waisted skirt, black tights, and black high heeled ankle boots. My little sister, Ella, wore a brown flower lace shirt with a fuzzy brown and white mixed fur vest. She wore black pants and brown boots. My brother, Adam, wore a dark brown sweater with jeans and brown shoes. My other sister, Anna, wore a white long sleeved shirt with brown stretchy pants and adorable light brown high heeled ankle boots. My mom wore a white shirt with a brown sweater over it, black pants, and black boots. My dad wore a brown and white plaid shirt with a brown sweater over it, jeans and brown shoes. We got individuals of the kids, my mom and dad together, the kids together, my mom and I, my mom and my sister, and my whole family and I together. I was a bit chilly, but was fun over all.

Let me know if you take family photos, have taken family photos are are going to take family photos this year. What are you going to wear, where are you going to take them. Thanks, Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment