Sunday, October 25, 2015

Haunted Houses and Decor

Usually for Halloween decorations my family and I do both the inside and the outside of our house. My dad brings up the Halloween bins from the basement, there are about  three or four bins, and there are a few bigger things that my dad also brings up. I am usually the one who starts putting the art work we made when we were kids, up around the fireplace on each side. Then my brother and sisters come and start helping with other things. My mom and I start setting up the mini Halloween town. There is a caraselle, bridge, a few trees, a haunted house, and a few other things. We have pumpkin candles we put around the house. On top of the mantle above our fireplace we put these three pedestals. They look like wine glasses with witch hats on top. The bottom of the glass looked like which feet with witch stockings up to the top where you put a candle in the cup part. The glasses are also different highs. There are a few other small things that we put up inside, but then we move outside. Outside we have our pumpkins that we carve on the front steps. In the garden part by our house we have a little grave yard. In the grave yard we have a couple tomb stones, a couple lanterns that light up, skeleton bones, and a few extra skeleton heads. Right beside the front door we have a few corn stocks on either side. In the corn stalks we have a little monster machine. It is motion activated, so when someone walks past it starts to vibrate and make weird noises. One year it freaked a little girl out so much that she would not come up to the front door to get candy. Every year we get a couple extra pumpkins to scatter around the yard too. In the front of our yard we have ghosts and cute, sparkly bat candle holders. Along the front window of my house we put up fake spider webs and then throw fake black spiders in it and every year one of my family members tries to scare my by putting a fake spider on me also.
The best looking house in the neighborhood is the house on the corner. In every window there is a covering that looks like a ghost is trying to get out or some thing else that is scary. Their front bushes are covered in orange lights. They have corn stalks on one side of their house. A blow up witch and ghost in their front yard, huge pumpkins all over the place, and red lights that shine towards their house to make it look creepy. The house is always the best on the street.
Haunted houses creep me out. I have never been to one in real life, but I have seen them in moves and I don't ever want to go in one. I have heard people talk about the houses that people can touch you in them or once you are in your in, you don't have a safe word to be let out with, there is also one the you pay $100 to get into, but with each floor you go up you get $10 back (there are ten floors). I personally would not last a minute in any of these houses. I think the outside looks cool, but them I am done.
Let me know what you think of Halloween décor, haunted houses, or what the best house on your street looks like. Thanks, Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment