Sunday, October 18, 2015

First World Problems

The Urban Dictionary defines first world problems as problems from living in a wealthy, industrialized nation that third worlders would probably roll their eyes at. I think that this is true. Many of our problems are so small compared to other countries problems. Here are a few problems that are said over and over again.
When you tap an app and it accidentally takes you to the app store. I have done with multiple times and it is one of the most annoying things to do. It is most annoying when it pops up right as you clicked something and takes for ever to load. First World Problem.
When you don't feel satisfied, but you don't want to be too full when you eat. I have this problem all of the time. I love the food I am eating and over eat or I don't like the food I am eating and don't feel satisfied. Another horrible thing is when you are hungry, but you can't find any thing to eat. Frist World Problem.
One pillow is too low and two pillows are too high. This is the worst moment ever. You are trying to get comfortable in bed to fall asleep, but either the pillow is too small or too big. There is no in between. Another thing is when the pillow(s) is too squishy or too hard. First World Problem.
The first five Sweet Tarts in the row were purple. I hate when this happens. This can happen to multiple food items like fruit snacks also. When you really want the blue fruit snack, but there are only green, yellow, and red colors in the bag. First World Problem.
Neither of the two dresses I ordered will be there in time for my birthday dinner tomorrow night. This had happened to me for homecoming. I ordered a dress two weeks before and it didn't arrive in time so I had to use a different dress at the last minute. First World Problem.
Netflix is down. I hate it when Netflix is not working or is going really slow. When I have extra time during the day/night I watch Netflix. There are so many good things to watch. Also if you are watching Netflix and you only have five percent left of your battery and you don't want to get up to get your phone/electronic charger cord because you are in a comfy position. First World Problem.
I won an Apple watch, but I own an Android phone. I personally do not have this problem, but I can feel for those who have to deal with this. First World Problem.
The Wi-Fi on my international plane is slow. I have only been on a plane once, but I might be going on a plane soon and if the Wi-Fi is like this at all I will be mad cause it is like a fourteen hour long flight. First World Problem.
I wish our school had escalators instead of stairs. I say this all of the time. In school my back pack is so heavy that by the time I make it to the top of the stairs I am panting. I always feel like I am going to fall down the stairs. I think that escalators would be so much better. First World Problem.
I need to use the bathroom, but I just painted my nails. I have this happen to me all of the time because I don't plan correctly on going to the bathroom before I paint my nails. I end up going to the bathroom and messing up my nails, which makes me have to redo them. First World Problem.
All of these problems are nothing compared to what other countries are living with. I think that we are only relating to our country because we haven't witnessed first hand of what is going on in their part of the world.
There are also videos on YouTube and Twitters that you can watch/read that are funny, yet serious if you are interested in hearing more First World Problems.
Let me know if you say any of these or have any of your own that you would like to share. Thanks, Emily.

2 comments:

  1. This post is so true. I can relate to most of them, and many others. I like they style of the post, it was easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is so true. I can relate to most of them, and many others. I like they style of the post, it was easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete