Monday, February 29, 2016

Jamaica

               My vacation to Jamaica, over spring break, was the most fun vacation ever. All we did was eat, sleep, and play around. My whole family went along with many of our neighbors. It was a great vacation.

               Five days before the trip and we couldn’t wait. We were all very excited. We had been packing and unpacking and repacking just to make sure that we had everything we needed. We each were allowed one luggage bag and one carry-on bag. I had packed everything I needed from books to my iPod for the plane ride. We drove to Chicago the night before our flight. We ate at Texas Road House and went to bed early since we had an early flight. I had a hard time getting to sleep because I was so excited about the trip. This was the first time I had ever flown a plane. I was very nervous about being that high in a plane because I am afraid of heights.

               The next day we were up by four a.m. and shuttled to the airport an hour later. It turns out that the plane ride wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be. I actually enjoyed it.

               When we got to Jamaica we had to take a bus to Beaches Resort where we were staying. The bus ride was so long, it was two hours. When we finally arrived at the resort we checked in and were shown to our room. Once in the room we threw down our bags, changed into our swimsuits, and went to check out the resort. It was awesome! We swam at the beach the rest of the day and had pizza for supper.

               The second day was warmer than I thought it would be. My family got our swimsuits on first thing in the morning. We spent the day at the beach and the water park. They had food and drinks, you could get whatever you wanted, everywhere on the resort. I lost count on how many rainbow slushes and ice cream cones I ate. That was pretty-much what we did the whole day.

               The third day was the best of all. When we woke up we ate breakfast and got ready to go to the beach. The resort had a program for kids and teens in which you go and do activities for your age group. They even had a teen X Box room. You could go in there anytime you wanted to. That’s where we met Naja, a Jamaican girl who worked at the resort. She was so awesome. She persuaded us to do a fashion show that night. We six girls (Haleigh, Taylor, Alisha, Tess, Anna, and I) agreed to do the fashion show. During the fashion show while I was back stage I cut my foot by stepping on a piece of glass. A quick trip to the nurse’s station and a foot bandaged up we are off to dinner.

               The fourth day everyone just hung out the whole day. All of us girls took advantage of the soft serve ice cream machines and the unlimited slushes again. We swam at the beach and hung out at the water park. We even played beach volleyball.

               The fifth day all the adults and kids went on a boat called a Catamaran. We went along the coast and even got to go snorkeling. The entire ride took over four hours. I thought that it was really fun because we got to see some people cliff diving off a really high cliff. After that we had reservations to a Japanese Steak House on the resort. It was so cool because the chefs made it fun by trying to throw little pieces of shrimp into your mouth. Only two in our party of thirty people caught it.

               The sixth day was the day we left for home. I was so sad about leaving. Everyone else was staying one more day. I asked my mom if we could stay one more day but we could not.

               The plane ride home was slow (slower than the plane ride to Jamaica which was four hours). We got to watch Mega Mind on the plane, which was a good movie. I was glad I brought my iPod with me because after Mega Mind was over we still had two hours to go. When the plane ride was over we got our luggage and headed home.

               My mom made a scrapbook of our trip to Jamaica. She had each family member write down what the best part of the trip was. I said that the trip to Jamaica was one of my favorite trips we have ever had, and we have been to over thirty-four states in four trips. Counting our trip to Jamaica we have been on five family trips. My favorite part of the trip was hanging with my friends and being in a warm climate with activities, a beach and great food.
Have you ever been some where exotic let me know Thanks Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment