Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Family


Every year on Christmas my mom's parents come down to visit us. My dad's parents used to come down, but now they go to Arizona to stay warm. A couple past Christmas's other family friends and relatives have come down to stay with us. Usually we play games, eat lots of amazing food, watch movies, and open presents.

One of my favorite parts is after Christmas day lunch, when everyone is sitting around the table play Phase 10. The game lasts awhile and when everyone is finally done with the game, my grandparents go into the living room to watch TV (they really sleep during this time), my littlest sister Ella will usually play with the toys that she got. (I usually help her set up her toys if she needs my help. My brother will go on his video games or play with his new toys that he got. My next sister Anna, will go put her stuff away and then get out a craft of some kind. My parents are usually talking with the grandparent that is still awake. Finally I will usually help my sister set up her toys like I said or I will go put my things away where they belong and then go grab a craft to do like my other sister Anna. Once everyone has rested for a while, we all head down stairs to the foosball table to play a ton of games against each other. Sometimes if there is a good movie coming out in theaters we will go see that. After our many rounds of foosball we go upstairs to get something to eat. At this time we are eating most of the left overs. Everyone heads to bed soon afterwards to get a good night’s rest because the next day we all do after Christmas shopping. The next day is busy with family members trying to get everything they need for the year. I like to hang out with my grandma and my mom because they usually buy me a few things that I would see in the store. My two sisters Anna and Ella also hang out with my grandma and mom to see if they will get anything also.

What relatives come down to visit you for Christmas? What do you do with them? Are there any fun games that you play? Let me know. Thanks, Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment