Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Christmas Decorations


Every year for Christmas, I am the person in my family who bring up all of the decorations from the basement and start opening the bins. One of my favorite parts of Christmas is putting up all of the decorations and seeing the final end product.

I start with the living room decorations which include a set of trees that we made by hand (they are red, gold, and green, on the tree we pin up candies.) There is also a Jesus scene that we lay out on a table. On our coffee table we have a cover and on top sits a metal sleigh that has fake plants and bells hanging from it. Near our fireplace we have cute penguins and trees. On our railing going down to the basement we hang our stocking. In the kitchen we have a Santa tree, which includes a Santa photo with all of the kids for the past 17 years. (This is how old I am...) Around the tree we have a soft re skirt. On one wall my mom hangs a crossed-stitched Santa that she had done in her teen age years. Around the Santa frame, we have tall trees with bright white lights and I reindeer candle along the bottom. Along the top of our cabinets we have other Christmasy things. In our sunroom, we have our live/real tree. It is decorated with gold pink and silver. (We just retired our artificial tree to being the 'kids' tree. It is bigger.) In the office we put up the kids tree, which consists of ordainments that all of us kids have gotten as a gift for the past 17 years. Also is the office, is my mom’s nutcracker collection. She has over 40 nutcrackers and at least five of them are over two feet tall. In my sister’s room, which is also on the main level, she has a grey and pink themed tree. She also has a wreath on her door that she made. In my parent’s room, they also have their own tree that is silver and brown themed. In the basement we have another huge tree added to the house. It is decorated with multicolored lights and ornaments. There is also a train around the tree. We also have other misc. Christmas stuff living around the basement. My sister and I also have a wreath on our doors that were made by us. I have a woodland themed tree in my room along with other Christmas stuff.

Let me know what you do to decorate your house for Christmas. Thanks, Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment