Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Schedule for School Next Year


 This year in my school district, there are many changes being made this past year. We have had an optional zero hour, our first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth hour. We also have an afterschool seventh hour for everyone who wanted to take more classes, but this coming year things will be changing. Instead of having a zero hour, we will be having a first through seventh hour and then no afterschool class. We will be starting at 7:45 and ending at 3:15 every day. It has really messed with a lot of kid’s schedules including mine. The first week in January we are supposed to schedule our classes for the next year. It is been hard to do that since many of our classes will be different next year. I was going to take seven full classes my first semester and then I was going to take four classes my second semester. I can do this because I have been taking early bird classes my first three years of high school, hoping to have less classes my senior year. Now since the change I have to take another required amount of classes, so next year I might also TA for a teacher. TAing is when you help a teacher out by grading homework and helping with tests. You also sit through one class period. Next year I'm taking two AP classes, AP calculus and AP environmental science. With this load I will need more time for studying in my schedule. The new thing with gym, since there are only a certain amount of people are allowed to have an online gym, is that you have to have a in the day gym. Online gym is when you go in a certain amount of times during the week run a few laps and then you take online tests about the health and fitness part. This year since I have a couple periods open in my second semester I will not be able to do this which makes many people quite frustrated including me because I have an afterschool activity which is cross country and I don't want to be waking up having to go do a performance PE which is weightlifting and then going to first hour non-showered.
What do you think of the new schedules for next year? Do you think there's any way to help us? Also do you think they're changing the new lunch schedule or keeping it the same? Let me know what you think.

Thanks, Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment