Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Unbroken

Emily MIckelson
Annotated Bibliography
Unbroken Laura Hillenbrand pg. 473

I loved this book. It has been one of my favorite books that I have read this year. At first it was hard to get into, but after a while I couldn’t put the book down. Laura Hillenbrand wrote an amazing book and I hope I can find another book like this one. I have found that I love historical books!
I cried a few times in this book because of the hardships Louie Zamperini went through. There are many facts about World War II that I did not know before this book. I can not imagine being captured by the opposing side. Louie gave me a new hope and I new way to look at life. Louie was in the olympics and survived war and was even lost at sea for a bit. Putting myself into this character I would not have done any of it. Throughout the book, I had to go back and make sure I read some of it correctly. I also think that this shows how much courage soldiers have to fight for their country.
I would recommend this book to people who are looking for a leader to follow. Also if you like fictional historical books I would choose this book.

After I read the book, I watched the movie. It was phenomenal. I am kind of mad that a few things were changed, but overall I loved the overall picture it represented. My favorite part in the movie was when he defied the Japanese solider by not dropping the log. Without reading the book I wouldn’t have understood the movie as much as I did.

Let me know what you thought of this book, did you see the movie, do you agree with me about anything I said and what and why, would you recommend this book to other people and who and why. Did you have a favorite character, who and why. What was your favorite part of the book and why, what do you think the worst part of the book was and why. Let me know what you think and why. I will read it all, thanks, Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment