Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Life of Pi

Emily MIckelson
Annotated Bibliography
Life of Pi Yann Martel pg. 352

This was not my favorite book I have read this year. It took me a while to get into the book and the really goos parts didn’t start until almost half way through the book. I thought that when Pi was first on the boat with the multiple animals it represented his family and other people from the sip. In the end I finally realized that the tiger, Richard Parker, was him all along. They were both courageous and strong in hard times and survived. 
I thought that this book was very similar to Unbroken in ways because first both boys were courageous and had to survive hard times and they both had hope though and thought that they could survive through it also. I am afraid of sharks and being stuck out at sea would scare me. I don’t think that I would be able to survive after the first week. At least Pi had the companion of Richard Parker. I also think that without Richard Parker, Pi would have died sooner. Pi had to take care of someone else's life as well as his own. As Pi was going through some of the things he didI thought that some of it may have been delusions too. What really scares me is how old Pi was. He lost his family and still survived. 

I probably wouldn’t recommend this book to most people because it takes a while to get into it and it is still a pretty slow book throughout the rest of the book too. So if that person doesn’t like slow books this book is for you. 

If you have read this book let me know what you think of it, what was your favorite part, what did you not like out of the whole book, who was your favorite character, do you agree with me on somethings, like how the tiger and Pi are the same character. Who would you recommend this book to and why. Thanks, let me know what you would do please and thank you. 
Thanks, Emily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment